Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT ? BTW DIANE MILLER IS MY WIFE

First of all I want to apologize for not posting sooner but work,family things and just life in general got very busy. Once I met this clerk at vital statistics, she told me to come back in 1/2 an hour because they would be out to lunch. For a second there, I thought this might be some sort of a delay tactic but then she motioned me to come over to a room. She closed the door and told me the reason she told me this was because nobody would be in the office over lunch. She said she'd put my file on a cart in the back of the room where I would be well hidden from view. I could tell that she kind of liked me because I don't know many people that would put their job on the line for a total stranger. She was kind of cute too. Once I returned, nobody was there so I walked right behind the counter to a back room where there was a cart with a single file on it. My wife's brother who was a photography nut gave me a camera that was made for photographing documents, like the kind in a James Bond movie. As I was taking pictures of each document, my wife was feverishly writing notes from the papers as fast as she could. My wife and I were constantly looking at the clock to make sure we were finished by 20 after 12. Right before we left, I took a look at the information that my wife had written down and saw that it was everything I needed to pursue my goal of finding my birth mother. We had crossed the biggest hurdle we would face during my search. Having good information is the key to a successful search,for without that, you're like a leaf floating in a pond. I had what I needed now. I was elated. I shook the clerk's hand and gave her a little something for her trouble and the risk she took. It was now time to go home to Philadelphia and start my search in earnest. The one thing that sticks out in my mind that had nothing to do with finding my biological parents was that we had a 500 mile trip ahead of us in a dangerous ice/snow storm. We should never have left Columbus. It took us 20 hours to get home. The next blog will highlight what I did with this new information and I promise it won't take over a year to make a new blog post. Joseph M. Sabol is a world class videographer and the author of the book "Adoptee - A Childhood of Torment." For further information go to http:// www.adopteeadoptee.com adoptee, Adoptee-A Childhood of Torment, adoption, adoption agencies, adoptions, Children's Protective Services, closed adoptions, finding biological parents, Joseph M. Sabol, open adoptions, social services,

No comments:

Post a Comment